Florida is rapidly becoming one of the best cities in terms of living. Every year, more and more people are relocating in Florida. According to statistics, every day, nearly 1000 people relocate here. There are numerous numbers of reasons why people are preferring to live in Florida such as fewer income taxes, warm weather a thriving economy conditions. If you are moving from New York to Florida, here are some pieces of information that you must know before you kick start your moving process.
What is the complete cost of a move from New York to Florida?
Winters and high living cost of New York City are the reasons why people are choosing to leave New York City and moving in Florida. But the biggest question is how much does it cost to move from New York to Florida, and the answer is simply no one fits all. Every move is unique so the cost varies depending on a few factors. Though you can expect to pay $2500 to $6000 for a move from New York to Florida the cost varies depending upon how much stuff do you have to move and what services you hire to make a move successful.
Apart from this, distance is another factor. Florida is huge, it has a lot of tempting cities where you can reside. As the distance between NYC to Jacksonville is just 900 miles but when you want to move in Miami then you need to travel for approximately 1400 Miles. So, the cost also depends upon the distance you want to move.
Are there any cheap ways to move to Florida?
When it comes on moving from one state to another, you will get several moving options to choose from. If you are looking for the cheapest possible option of move then have a look at these a few options.
- If you don’t have any bulky furniture and you just have to move stuff weighing under 250lbs then moving using public transportation will be the cheapest option for you to move to Florida. You can move by train if the weight of the stuff is more than 250lbs. But if you have more than 500lbs of stuff to move, then break up it into multiple loads. Don’t forget to collect your stuff after 48 hours.
- If you have too much stuff then renting a trailer would be the cheapest option for you to move. Even if you have bulky and heavy furniture, you can move it using this small trailer or a truck.
- Renting the cheapest moving truck is also the cheapest option to move to Florida. If you have boxes of stuff as well as furniture to move then renting the cheapest truck is an ideal option for you. When you are tight on budget, this is the best option for you to move.
- If you don’t have time to pack, load and unload your items on your own then hiring the cheapest NYC movers will be an ideal option for you.
The cheapest option for moving Florida depends upon your needs and requirements. Choose an ideal option from above and embark on the move now.
What is life like in Florida? Is it better than New York?
It is better to know Florida before you move into the place. Have a look at these things that will let you know whether you
- Florida has strange weather
The warm and sunny weather is one of the biggest reasons why people are moving to Florida while the weather in Florida remains sunny but you can also expect thunderstorms and hurricanes.
- Buying a home in Florida is cheaper as compared to New York
The property and apartment price of Florida is much cheaper as compared to New York City. The cost of a home is slightly lesser and it is approximately $200,000 which is lesser as compared to the average national apartment buying price while in New York City, you need to pay $600,000.
- Zero tax state
If you want to save higher and don’t want to pay taxes then Florida is the right city for you. While the utility cost is a little higher as compared to the national average utility bill costs.
- This city has a strong economy
It is also a great place to work with a strong economy. If you are looking for a perfect job for you then this city will be an ideal option for you to move. The unemployment rate is just 3.6% which is lower when compared to the average national unemployment rate.
- It has a lot of outdoor attractions
For all those, who love to spend time outdoor, Florida has lots of attractions for all them. It does not only have 600 national parks but as well as it has 1200 miles sandy beaches. The place also has lots of outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, fishing, swimming and much more.
Considering these facts, it can be concluded that yes, Florida is a great place to live.
How do I start planning for moving New York to Florida?
Before embarking on such a big move, get to know about the state in which you are planning to move. Get as much information you can get about the new state. No matter what is the reason behind your move whether wants to join a job, whether you want to come nearer to your family, moving can be very challenging and it is not a quick decision to make. But once you make this decision, start planning for it. If you are looking for a tip to start planning then have a look:
- Do online as well as offline research and get as much as information you can get about the new city. Check the weather, the crime rate of the new state before making a moving decision.
- Search for a new apartment in the new state where you want to live. Consider the apartment that matches your lifestyle. If possible visit, don’t just sign a contract until you visit the place in actual. Because photos would not show things that physical visit will make you see.
- After checking the weather, start packing in the way you can. See your winter Jacket collection would not work great in Florida so packing these is just a waste of money. Get rid of such items before you move to the city.
- Get rid of all the unwanted items to reduce the cost of the move and pack the items that you should take with you. Pack up the fragile items with extra care, don’t rush anything, take enough time while packing and make sure that all items are packed perfectly so they can stay safe during transportation. After packing up the boxes, don’t forget to label the boxes as per the items they are containing inside.
- If you are flexible in budget then hire a reputable moving company else you can embark on a DIY move. Consider your preferences while making this decision. Remember that DIY move takes lots and lots of planning. If you have enough time, energy and planning, only then embark on a DIY move else this might cost you even higher than hiring a reputable moving company.
- Don’t forget to save all the receipts that you get during the entire moving process. Keep all the important documents handy because you will never know when you can need these.
- Let your friends, family, and neighbors know about your move, tell them your new address. As well as don’t forget to notify your utility companies about your move else you need to pay one more month for all subscribed utilities.
- Check out the license requirement of the new state to drive a car.
Finally, you are ready to move out of New York and to the big city of Florida. Hope this guide helps you with whatever query you have regarding the move and makes your move easier.