Printable Moving Checklist PDF 2019
Getting prepared for a move takes time and effort, and you want to be sure that you do things in a manner that makes sense for you. Having a printable moving checklist handy and ready to go can be really helpful as you try to sort out what it is that you need and how you want to take care of everything.
Our team at Moving Relo put together this moving checklist in PDF form so that you have a checklist to print out to help you get ready for your big moving day. Use it and adapt it for your specific needs, and be on your way to completing your move seamlessly.
How Do You Prepare to Move to Another State?
A moving out of state checklist is absolutely essential when you’re looking to organize everything for your out of state move. Here are some suggestions that you can utilize while developing your checklist.
- Start packing as soon as you have an approximate date. This will allow you time to purge stuff that you don’t need to take with you, which can help you to save moving costs.
- Pack carefully and properly. Your items are going to be sent a long way, and you don’t want them to be damaged in the process. You can hire movers to pack for you, so you can guarantee that your items are being packed correctly.
- Search for a new place to live around or near where your employment is located.
- If you need to fly or take another alternative form of transportation to get to your new home, be sure to book those tickets ASAP.
What Do I Need to Do When Moving to A New State?
There are a few other things that you may want to add to your moving out of state checklist that can help you to ensure that everything is in order for your move. Here’s a quick list of these.
- Set your dates to turn off the power, water, and other utilities to your current home.
- Set up the dates to turn on the utilities at your new place (make sure it’s a day or two before you move in).
- Understand state and local laws regarding vehicles, drivers’ licenses, and other legalities that may need to be sorted out ahead of time.
- If you have kids, make sure that you’ve got everything in order for them to attend school.
- If you have pets, look into the state and local laws regarding licensure and start your search for a new vet.
- If you own exotic pets and/or plants, there may be state and local laws regarding whether or not they are allowed to enter the state and/or if they can be owned.
- Licensures and certifications related to your career of choice should be taken care of properly ahead of time.
How Much Will it Cost to Move to Another State?
The fact is, there are a lot of factors that can come into play when you’re looking at the cost of moving to another state. You’ll want to add a few things to your moving checklist to make sure that you don’t forget about these costs.
- Estimates from a number of sources confirm that, on average, interstate moves can cost families around $5700. So, a good rule of thumb is to have $6,000 saved up for your move. What is included in these estimates? Read on.
- Know how much stuff that you’ll be moving. Many moving companies include either the number of bedrooms or the weight of your items when they provide you with your final moving costs.
- How far are you moving to? Another layer of your moving estimate involves the distance that you’ll be moving. The further that you go, the more that it’ll cost, because there’s usually some sort of “cost per mile” that you’re looking at.
- The cost of travel is also a consideration when you’re moving with a moving company. This can include gas, tolls, additional labor, storage, and other costs.
- Federal law states that liability and valuation coverage needs to be provided as an option, and it’s a good idea to consider it, just in case something happens on the road.
How Can I Move in 30 Days?
Moving in 30 days may sound like an unattainable task to overcome, but it absolutely can be done. Here are some of the things
- Have a complete checklist available and on hand. This checklist can help you to achieve your goals quickly and ensure that you don’t forget anything.
- Pack all of your non-essentials during that first week. This can include books, furniture that isn’t being used, decor, and other various items.
- Get your move scheduled the moment you know about your moving date. You’ll save money and you’ll be more likely to get your first choice for moving day, time, and company.
- Sort out address changes, insurance changes, and other such issues about 3 weeks before you move. This includes turning off the utilities at your current home and turning them on at your new place.
- Put together a bag of essentials that you’ll keep with you during the move – it’ll have the stuff you need for the first night at your new home.
- Clean, move big items, unplug appliances, and do a final walk-through during your last week at your place.
How Do You Keep Track of Boxes When Moving?
Having an inventory of your boxes as a part of your moving checklist can go a long way when you’re trying to keep track of the boxes that you’ve packed up. Here are some tips you can use to keep track of everything.
- Put together some sort of “key” that lets you know which boxes go where in your new home (it doesn’t matter where they came from in your old house). Color code your boxes, if you need to do so.
- There are a lot of apps for your smart device nowadays, and some of them actually help you to inventory the boxes that you’ll be taking with you.
- Label everything! There’s no such thing as being too accurate with your labels.
- Take pictures of the inside of each box so that you know what you’re looking at when you start unpacking.
How do you move? A checklist
There are so many different things to think about during your move, which is why the Moving Relo team worked to develop our printable moving checklist for you to use. Let’s take a look at some of the basics you want to consider.
- Sort out everything, one room at a time. Purge the items that you don’t want to take with you.
- Put together a binder with all of your school records, utility info, and whatever important information you may need.
- Schedule your moving company for the middle of the week and/or month – your prices will be lower.
- Take measurements of your furniture and other large items so that you can figure out where they’ll fit.
- Order your moving supplies ASAP. That way, you can get started with packing. Also, be sure that you get enough boxes, tape, and other supplies for everything that you need to pack.
- Get in touch with important parties – the postal service, your doctor’s office, your kids’ school, etc. – to let them know of your address change ahead of time.
- Start cleaning as soon as you can so that you’re able to complete it all before you move out.
- Complete the packing process a day or two before moving day. It’ll make moving day a lot less hectic.
How Do You Move in One Day?
Short term moves can be scary, but with our prepared checklist, you can breeze through it and know that you aren’t going to miss any of the important details.
- Get rid of any and all clutter and items that you don’t need to take with you to your new home.
- Make a packing list and a moving checklist so that you can take care of everything as quickly as possible.
- Start as early as you can – even if you only have 24 to 48 hours to get out of there, you can still be a whirlwind and get through everything quickly.
- Keep clothing on their hangers and put them in trash bags so that you don’t have to waste time on folding and packing them away.
- Use the things that you have available at home – old boxes, other containers, bags, and empty items that can hold other items.
- Go one room at a time. It’ll make unpacking at your new place much less stressful and it’ll go more smoothly.
What Do I Need To Do When I Move House?
So, the packing and moving has happened and now you’re getting into a new home. Here are some of the things that you want to do once you arrive at the new place.
- Inspect all of the boxes and furniture to ensure it got to your new place safely.
- Unpack the things that you will need today, first.
- Start organizing your items and use your packing checklist in order to ensure that you have everything that you left with.
- Check all of the utilities and make sure that they are turned on and working as they should be.
- Inspect the house as best as you can to see if anything is out of sorts.
- Get your security up and running and put together any childproofing that needs to be done.
- Settle in and get ready to make your new house into your family’s new home.
If you’re looking for a moving company that you can trust to take care of everything on your moving checklist, then be sure to schedule your move with our team at Moving Relo. We’re here to help you with every part of the moving process. We can also give you a quote so that you’re ready to budget as best as you can. Contact us for a quote today!
Can I Make My Own Printable Moving Checklist?
Every move is different and so are its requirements. You may be moving from one country to another, one state to another state or maybe relocating your house from one lane to another in the same neighborhood. Whatever type of move you are processing, one of the primary aspects of a move is to prepare a moving checklist. Now many moving individuals/ families often ask if they can make their own printable moving checklist instead of procuring one from the moving company. Yes, you can!
A DIY printable moving checklist is the best way to ensure that you enjoy an organized move. No one knows your priorities better than you. While you can work efficiently depending on a readymade checklist, preparing one always gives you the freedom to priorities your preferences.
No doubt the printable moving checklist pdf provided by reputed moving companies are reliable and effective. But, if you have the time and skills to make one for your own moving requirements, you must go ahead and add more efficiency to your moving process.
However, it is recommended to check several moving checklists available on the internet or otherwise before you work on your own. This way, you can get all the important information required to make a checklist that is perfect.
Key Elements of A Printable Moving Checklist:
If you are determined to make your own moving checklist pdf, you must first know the key elements of it. Here we have listed down the key elements that you must include in your DIY printable moving checklist:
Yes, having a clear timeline is one of the first motives for preparing a moving checklist. You must know when to start the process and when to end. Not only you must mention dates for the process but also set time slots. This will help you plan the time you will require for each task on the list.
Prioritizing the work is important and you must have a clear priority set for each task. This will help you ensure that you do not forget any task that was of great importance as you handle a job that is not as significant.
Always make a checkbox in front of your printable moving checklist and ensure that you tick mark is when the job is done. This way, you can keep track of work done and pending easily.
So, this was an ultimate printable moving checklist pdf you would need to make any type of move successful. Ask the moving company for a moving checklist pdf or make one for yourself, either way, it will help you in making your moving experience better.