Moving Relo, Inc. adheres to the US Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of Notice, Choice, Security, Data Integrity, Access, and Enforcement according to the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Information we gather and how we use it
We provide many services that don’t require that you register for an account or provide any personal information to us, including a purchase of goods at one of our retail locations. So as to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- The information that you supply – When you arrange for a moving service or alternative Moving Relo service or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (like your name, email address and an account password). For certain services, such as our shifting programs, we also request credit card or other payment account information, which we keep in an encrypted form on secure servers. We may combine the information that you submit under your account with information from other Moving Relo providers or third parties to be able to offer you a better experience and to enhance the quality of our solutions. For certain services, we will provide you the chance to opt out of combining such information.
- Log information – Once you contact or access Moving Relo site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a web site.
- Affiliated Moving Relo Services on other websites – We provide a number of our services through or on other sites and service providers. Personal data you supply to those sites and service providers could be sent to Moving Relo to provide the service. The affiliated sites and service providers through our services are offered may have different privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
- Links – Moving Relo may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links are followed. We use this information to enhance the quality and caliber of their communications and services we provide in the future.
- Providing our services, including the relocation and associated services;
- Auditing, research, and evaluation to be able to preserve, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical operation of our community;
- Assessing the rights or property of Moving Relo or our customers, and Creating new solutions.
Moving Relo processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other nations. Sometimes, we process personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process personal information to provide our services. Sometimes, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as our advertising partners.
Choices for private information
When you register for a specific service that requires registration, we ask you to supply personal details. If we use this information in a fashion different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we’ll request your consent prior to such use.
But some of Moving Relo site’s features and services may not work properly if your cookies are disabled.
You may decline to submit personal information to any of our solutions, in which case Moving Relo might not have the ability to supply those services to you.
Moving Relo only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Moving Relo in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Moving Relo, its clients or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of moving client who moved to a particular city, for example, or how many clients moved to a Los Angeles in a given year. Such information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Moving Relo employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use Moving Relo services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case, where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users’ personal information.
When we receive formal written complaints at this email address, it is Moving Relo policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Moving Relo and an individual.