If you are all settled to move to a new city, already hired the best movers in NYC and found a perfect home, it is now time to look for home organization tips that would help you make your new home wonderful. No matter how much time you spent doing chores but if the process is unorganized then lesser are the chances that you will get satisfying results. Spend your time to get more enjoyable results with our accumulated good ideas for the laundry room.
For all the larger families present there with lots of laundries, it is recommended you to double up the two stackable units that will help you in saving both spaces as well as time. Be efficient while folding and ironing so that the whole laundry room looks efficient. An oversized table with organized clothing makes a pleasant spot.
To get a cute and organized laundry room, you need to be resourceful. Try to turn the jars into the cute catchalls for loose change. You can use the wooden ladder as a hanging station and you can use the old ironing board as a bulletin board. Here you need to be creative and resourceful. Remember that your trash is not trashed if you are not resourceful and creative.
Be creative and imaginative
You can use your imagination and creativity to make the things usable that you love but not of use now. Like you can use your dollhouse anchored to the wall which will become an easy to access cubby in the laundry room.
Be versatile and flexible
Many laundry rooms perform double duty, one is it can become a potting area and another one is a laundry room. If you are planning to add a sink into it then it is recommended you to add the sink positioned near the washer to save steps.
Hang an ironing board
If you are tired of hauling the cleaned clothes upstairs in the new room for ironing then to make it hassle-free, you should hang an ironing board there in the laundry room. Mounted it on the wall does not only help you in saving space but as well as it is a great way to ensure most laundry related activities can be done effectively.
Stock what you need
What if you load full washer and there is no laundry detergent in your laundry room? Nothing would be worse than this. Therefore make sure you stock all the items that you need.
These are the tips that will help you in keeping your laundry room organized.
How to keep your room organized?
Do you find yourself drowning in all clutter? Do you end up in finding an article in all messed up items? If you want to keep your room organized then you need to follow these tips. Have a look:
- Step back and evaluate the space
If you want to make your room less cluttered then it is important to step back and evaluate the space you have. Check is there a giant pile of dirty and clean clothes in the corner? Do all the video games litter the floor? Consider these things that will seem to make the progress to keep your home organized.
- Spend at least 10 minutes a day trying to keep your room organized. With time constraints, it is best to spend some time daily.
- There should be clean clothes hanging in the wardrobe. Keep the clothes you wear the most should be kept at places that are easier to access. This makes you not rip through all of the clothes every day.
- It is recommended you to organize things based on the season and color.
- Try to utilize the space of your closet or wardrobe. Put shelves above and below your closet rod and buy some boxes to utilize the space effectively.
- Organize books and other small items
It is recommended you keep the small items and other books organized in your room. Make a habit to keep these at their right places. First of all, you should organize your books. Keep those books at the place that are easily accessible. You should organize things by priority and if possible, organize books in alphabetical order.
Separate away the makeup and other items that you use only on special occasions. You can keep the unused items in a wardrobe.
- Dust, clean, mop and vacuum your room
Apart from the organization of items, it is important to clean your room. If you have a carpet in your home, vacuum your floors. Also, wipe down the surfaces to make it look shiny. Make sure that you are using the safe cleaners at the surfaces of the room.
- Make your bed
Make a habit to make your bed daily. Though it takes just a minute it will change the entire feel of a room. Just make a habit to organize the comforter, fluff the pillows and bedsheets.
- Pick up your clothes and organize your shoes. Throwing out your clothes and shoes here and there on the floor makes the room messy. You should keep all the clothes and shoes in their places to keep things organized. Spend a few minutes daily in keeping all the things organized.
- Buy some storage spaces
Buy some attractive and good looking storage spaces to make your room functional and to enhance the storage capacity. This will not only make your room look classy but as well as organized.
New home organization tips
Moving into a new home is one’s choice to start fresh again in their life. With some little steps and innovative ideas, you can keep your home organized. Check out this list of new home organization tips to keep your home organized within your budget.
- Clear your kitchen counterparts. Keep items that you use regularly in the countertops.
- You should designate an open drawer near your primary entrance with all the items that you use regularly. This drawer is a perfect place to keep your backpacks, keys and other items.
- Provide clear containers with pictures of young children to find their clothing and to keep the items sort.
- Create a command center at your home. Use chalkboard or dry erase board as a command central. You can write down weekly schedules and grocery lists on it.
- Do not buy storage containers until you need them. Most people run to buy storage units when it comes to the organization. It is time to get rid of all the unnecessary junk you have there in your home rather than buying new storage units to keep them stored.
- Have container organizers in your home drawers no matter what type of container you choose to keep the items in the drawers organized as well as well-arranged.
- Keep a discarded item in your closet and keep all the out of style, old and discarded clothing items into that bad.
Organization ideas DIY
Keeping your home organized is very important if you want to enhance the appealing look of your home. Have a look at these organization ideas DIY that will create wonders for your home.
a.) Stir some creativity into your kitchen
Organizing your home will not be more boring if you put your creativity into your kitchen. Just use the touch of creativity and basic tools. Like you can use the painted Mason jar utensils to keep the utensils you need. It allows you to access the items easily whenever you will need.
b.) Creativity for your bathroom
Put a shelf above the door of the bathroom. You should keep items there that you do not use frequently.
- Carve out space in your medicine cabinet to hold your toothbrushes.
- Don’t forget to organize your medicine cabinets.
- Build a shelf for your washer and dryer so you can put the laundry basket below the shelf.
- You can use hangers for wall storage.
Apart from this, you can use your creativity to keep the home organized. So, these are some amazing tips that will help you keep your home organized and enjoy a life of ease and comfort.